Millions of people around the world have gone through surgical procedures to enhance their appearance and today, this kind of treatment has come down in price, making it affordable for all. We have rated the various surgical operations, in terms of popularity, which is as follows.
- Rhinoplasty – Asian women in particular like to have their nose bridge made more prominent and there are two main forms of rhinoplasty; open and closed. The plastic surgeon would take several things into account before recommending one method for natural nose surgery (called เสริมจมูกแบบธรรมชาติ in Thai) and the closed method is the most popular because there is no visible scarring. There is about a 2-week downtime, when you are recommended to rest and recuperate and the initial swelling goes down after a couple of days.
- Breast Augmentation – Some Asian women feel their breasts are too small, while some European females would like their breast size reduced and both are possible. The enlargement operation involves the insertion of medical-grade silicone implants, while breast reduction means removing some of the breast tissue. If you would like to discuss your case with a plastic surgeon, search online for a leading Bangkok clinic and make an appointment with the resident plastic surgeon, who would be happy to see what he can do.
- Abdominoplasty – Also known as the ‘tummy tuck’, this procedure involves making an incision across the bikini line and removing the fat cells that have accumulated. No amount of exercise seems to shift the fat in this area, but the surgical operation is a permanent way to remove stubborn midriff fat.
- Facelift – This is achieved by pulling the facial skin tight and removing a section of the skin, thus removing ugly age wrinkles. The skill of the surgeon ensures that there is no scarring and this treatment can take years off your age, which is why it is so popular with retired people.
- Liposuction – This is a treatment that removes ugly celluloid fat that typically gathers around the thighs, which the surgeon carries out using a special suction machine, plus he would also remove a little excess skin, leaving your thighs looking toned.
As Bangkok is the global centre for all forms of plastic surgery, you should search online for a Bangkok-based clinic and ask to make an appointment to discuss things with the plastic surgeon. Remember to check the online client reviews, as this is a good indication of what to expect.